First up, this girl is almost done. That's right...Nokota had a sex change! I usually associate nasty, ugly bucking horses with mares, and she is no exception! I'm thinking of naming her Picky Nicky because it's catchy. She needs more sanding and some muscle reworking and she will be ready to paint!


Second of all, Silver got some markings! He still needs one hoof finished, pinking on his nose, eyes, and a couple of touch-ups.

Wintersong just looks odd. He now has VERY rough hooves and still needs a lot of work. Yes, he does have a head, you just can't see it!

This handsome boy is next in line. I was going to redo his neck, but I couldn't justify cutting up such a nicely prepped model (I bought him prepped...I absolutely hate prepping). He is going to be a classic champagne complete with (if it looks okay) reverse dapples. My reference is Champagne Lookout.

And finally, these two literally just arrived from H&H. I think I'm going to enter the bay in the RESS Finishwork Contest if I finish her in time. The roan will definitely be getting a new neck (maybe it's just me, but that thing is LONG) and I might mess around with the extended front leg and see if I can make her a Walking Horse. I think she'd make a cute Walker with a little work!

This is where I will be next week...Yellowstone! My family is coming up to Bozeman to visit me and we are heading down to Yellowstone and the Tetons for vacation! Right after that, I move into my new apartment. Model horse work is going to be put on hiatus for a few weeks until life settles down again.

Second of all, Silver got some markings! He still needs one hoof finished, pinking on his nose, eyes, and a couple of touch-ups.
Wintersong just looks odd. He now has VERY rough hooves and still needs a lot of work. Yes, he does have a head, you just can't see it!
This handsome boy is next in line. I was going to redo his neck, but I couldn't justify cutting up such a nicely prepped model (I bought him prepped...I absolutely hate prepping). He is going to be a classic champagne complete with (if it looks okay) reverse dapples. My reference is Champagne Lookout.
And finally, these two literally just arrived from H&H. I think I'm going to enter the bay in the RESS Finishwork Contest if I finish her in time. The roan will definitely be getting a new neck (maybe it's just me, but that thing is LONG) and I might mess around with the extended front leg and see if I can make her a Walking Horse. I think she'd make a cute Walker with a little work!
This is where I will be next week...Yellowstone! My family is coming up to Bozeman to visit me and we are heading down to Yellowstone and the Tetons for vacation! Right after that, I move into my new apartment. Model horse work is going to be put on hiatus for a few weeks until life settles down again.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.