I had a very busy day today, resulting in some very oddly colored horses! I put acrylic basecoats on 2 1/2 horses (I got kind of cross-eyed on Flash's spots so I stopped) and I'll start with oils on my Wintersong CM tomorrow. I would really like to have him done by next weekend to take to my first show, but I don't want to rush him. Ideally, I would absolutely love to have both him and my Nokota CM finished, along with the two red duns to take to the show (have to finish white markings on both of them), but that's hoping for a lot. Anyway, these guys all look kind of funny in their basecoats and I can't wait to get some oil on them and make them look pretty! I'm still working on Wixom (her pangare areas take a very long time to dry) but she's looking good. I also have a Hazel resin on the way! She should arrive this week. I've wanted a Hazel for a VERY long time and have always envisioned her as a blonde, dappled, Belgian draft cross (pretty much the same color as Wixom). I think it will be awhile before I paint Hazel as I want to be much more comfortable with my painting abilities before I attempt something so expensive. For now, I think I'll stick with my own CMs on Breyer bodies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.