Friday, February 5, 2010

Random Friday Pictures

Bet you didn't know Mr. G3 Friesian was a rolling custom!! Not really; I just had to flip him upside down so his hooves would dry. I've discovered that I have more control over detail when I paint hooves in oil rather than acrylic. Takes a bit longer, but the results are better.

Also, I don't think I've posted my reference picture for this guy. Here's a photo of the January image in the Horse Feathers calendar hanging on my wall.
I've debated doing a semi-portrait a month of each horse in the calendar, but while there are a few very cool horses there are quite a few black and white pintos, which would get boring after awhile. Calendars are a great source for inspiration and reference pictures and if you wait until after the first of the year to buy them you can get great deals, usually at least 50% off!

And finally, here's my attempt at a deco:
I'm experimenting with basecoats. I liked the result of my Dashing Through the Snow medallion so much (who was basecoated in copper) that I want to try other colors with this technique. This cute little girl will (if everything goes right) be a flaxen chestnut when she's finished. On a side note, the photo kind of looks like a Testors Dullcote ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.