Monday, December 14, 2009

Finals Week Update

Finals week is supposed to be the worst week of the semester. So why have I had time to paint a medallion, go see "The Princess and the Frog," clean my apartment, and check Blab obsessively for pictures of 2010 Breyer releases? Because I only have two finals! One is a pretty easy take-home final due Thursday. The other is my Spanish final, which I could fail and still get an A in the class. Oh the joys of being a senior!!

The past few weeks have been pretty busy for me, though. I had several projects due for classes. I did spend quite a bit of time in the studio working on a stablemate CM for my Blab Secret Santa. Here is the finished piece, a portrait of my SS's TWH gelding.




Here's my favorite item that I got from my SS, Shannon Tostanoski. It's Morgen Kilbourn's gorgeous Echo medallion! I have to wait until after Christmas break to paint him, but unless I come up with a different idea, he's going to be a bay that is graying out.

I think I'm becoming a medallion addict because I also added this guy to my growing collection. This is Stacey Tumlinson's Dashing Through the Snow medallion/ornament. Basically, he's a mini Majestuoso in medallion form.
He is being transformed into a very coppery chestnut with a blue base. Here he is almost complete. I need to touch up the base and finish his eyes, but other than that I think he's done!

And here's my growing medallion collection: Cara Barker Yellott's New Orleans Mule, Echo, and Dashing Through the Snow. I really shouldn't buy anymore because I have enough projects right now, but they're so much fun to collect, they're cheap, and they're fairly easy to paint.
After this week, all studio work will come to a screeching halt because I'm going home for break. I'm so ready for a vacation! I can't wait to ride my own horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.