I've been thinking about starting a blog to document my attempts at customizing model horses for a while now. Now that summer has come and I'm done with my traveling, I had time to start!
I am not exactly new to the model horse hobby; I began collecting when I was about five and still have a small herd of OF Breyers, most of which are well loved (meaning scratched and broken). I was eleven when I first attempted a repaint on a Breyer Paso Fino. I painted it black with cheap acrylic paint. Not exactly LSQ! As entered high school my collecting habits waned, but I've always loved model horses and have wanted to immerse myself more into the hobby.
During my freshman year of college, I started to explore on the Internet to see what I could find about hobby. I discovered a few hobby forums and other websites and began researching the art of customizing. I bought a few bodies and some Apoxie Sculpt to sculpt with and let my imagination run wild! Due to the constraints of school and my inexperience at customizing, I have had trouble finishing major projects. But now that I am more confident in my abilities to produce quality models and the sudden presence of time, I am ready to begin documenting my projects from start to finish for all the world to see!
I love this hobby and I enjoy letting my mind escape from science (I'm a geology student entering my final year of undergrad) and explore art through model horses. These are my attempts at creating beautiful works, with a little bit of life woven in. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.